Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lexington in Scott County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Morgan's Raid

July 8-13, 1863

 
 
Morgan's Raid Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse, October 14, 2016
1. Morgan's Raid Marker
Inscription. Confederate Gen. John Hunt Morgan and his staff spent the night of July 10, 1863, in Lexington. He left for Vernon on the morning of July 11, 1863.
 
Erected 1963 by Indiana Civil War Centennial Commission.
 
Location. 38° 39.15′ N, 85° 37.533′ W. Marker is in Lexington, Indiana, in Scott County. Marker is on South Cherry Street (State Road 203) south of Walnut Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lexington IN 47138, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lexington First County Seat (within shouting distance of this marker); A Night in a Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Western Eagle (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of William Hayden English Home (approx. half a mile away); Town Creek Encampment (approx. half a mile away); John Kimberlin Farm (approx. 3.1 miles away); Northern Boundary of Clark's Grant (approx. 3 miles away); Morgan's Great Raid (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lexington.
 
Categories. War, US Civil
 
Morgan's Raid Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse, October 14, 2016
2. Morgan's Raid Marker
Gen. John Hunt Morgan image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse
3. Gen. John Hunt Morgan
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 19, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 19, 2016, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 177 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 19, 2016, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement