Canton in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Historic Cady Barn
Originally built before the Civil War, this barn was enlarged and remodeled in 1908 by Aruna Cady, son of one of Canton's first pioneering families. This Barn has been moved from its' original location at McClumpha and Joy Roads, to its' present site in 2006 thanks to a generous donation from Bob Boyer, a local businessman and community supporter. Amish craftsmen were hired to dismantle the barn, and rebuild it on this site utilizing age old craftsmanship and skills.
Location. 42° 18.527′ N, 83° 32.02′ W. Marker is in Canton, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Ridge Road and Roanoke Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in Preservation Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 North Ridge Road, Canton MI 48187, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Farming in Canton (within shouting distance of this marker); Palmer Shed (within shouting distance of this marker); Bartlett Travis House (within shouting distance of this marker); Canton Pioneer Home Preservation Park (about 300 feet away); Cherry Hill School (approx. ¼ mile away); Cherry Hill Village (approx. ¼ mile away); A Ford Village Industry (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
Also see . . . Historic Buildings. Click on the Cady-Boyer Barn tab for more information about the history of Cady barn. (Submitted on November 22, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Agriculture •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 182 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 22, 2016, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.