Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Saint Helena Parish Louisiana Historical Markers

 
Springfield - Liberty Road Marker image, Touch for more information
April 8, 2016
Springfield - Liberty Road Marker
Louisiana (Saint Helena Parish), Easleyville — Springfield - Liberty Road
In the Civil War was traveled by two Union regiments of Illinois Cavalry May 1, 1863 enroute to Baton Rouge. Col. B.H. Grierson commanded the diversionary raid previous to Gen. Grant's land movement against Vicksburg, Mississippi. — Map (db m94313) HM
Louisiana (Saint Helena Parish), Greensburg — Greater Greensburg Veteran's War Memorial
Dedicated to the memory of those who died in the defense of our Country and all who served in the cause of Freedom. Greater Greensburg Veterans War Memorial Veterans World War I Otto Birch Offie Courtney Willie Mackey . . . — Map (db m92573) WM
Louisiana (Saint Helena Parish), Greensburg — Greensburg Land Office
Served as the clearing for house all public lands between the Mississippi and Pearl Rivers, north of the lakes to the 31st parallel. This area is still known as the Greensburg Land District. It is the only extant land office building in Louisiana . . . — Map (db m85641) HM
Louisiana (Saint Helena Parish), Greensburg — Republic of West FloridaBicentennial — 1810-2010
The Louisiana region known as the Florida Parishes remained under the control of Spain after the Louisiana Purchase. In 1810, some settlers not pleased with the tax law enforcement or the governing of the area, secretly planned to overthrow the . . . — Map (db m110560) HM
Louisiana (Saint Helena Parish), Greensburg — Revolutionary War Memorial
Erected to the memory of those Revolutionary War Patriots who not only helped to win freedom for our Country but also helped to carve a civilization within St. Helena Parish. — Map (db m88218) WM
Louisiana (Saint Helena Parish), Greensburg — William Kendrick Square
St. Helena Parish seat moved here 1832. Land for Court House Square donated by William Kendrick 1837. Present building completed 1938 replacing brick structure built 1855. Designated William Kendrick Square 1976 by Police Jury. — Map (db m88217) HM
Louisiana (Saint Helena Parish), Montpelier — Montpelier
Parish seat from 1812-1832. Land office - a clearinghouse for public lands between the Mississippi and the Pearl Rivers 1812-1837. Montpelier Academy 1833-1840. Early post office St. Helena 1814-1859. Connected to Natchez Trace. — Map (db m94882) HM

7 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.