Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Related Historical Markers

 
St. Mark's Episcopal Church Marker, reverse side image, Touch for more information
By Mike Stroud, January 19, 2010
St. Mark's Episcopal Church Marker, reverse side
South Carolina (Sumter County), Manchester State Forest, Pinewood — 43-6 — St. Mark's Episcopal Church
(Front text) By Act of Assembly St. Mark's Parish was established in 1757. The first Church stood at Halfway Swamp. Others were built near Williamsburg-Sumter Line, near Rimini, and near this site. These four churches were abandoned or . . . — Map (db m27134) HM
South Carolina (Clarendon County), Manning — Ambush at Half-Way Swamp
During the American Revolution, December 1780, over 750 recently arrived British fusiliers were marching from Nelson’s Ferry on the Santee River. Major McLeroth’s British troops from Moncks Corner joined them as an escort to Camden. General Marion’s . . . — Map (db m24370) HM
South Carolina (Clarendon County), Rimini — Halfway Swamp:“… In pursuit of a Brother to Kill Him”
In December 1781, Maj. Robert McLeroth and the 64th Regiment were conducting newly-arrived British army recruits of the Royal Fusiliers from Charleston to the High Hills of Santee. Learning of McLeroth’s movement, Col. Francis Marion led some 700 . . . — Map (db m51466) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement