5 entries match your criteria.
Historical Markers and War Memorials in Christoval
By Duane Hall, March 23, 2018
Christoval Marker in front of Concho Coffee House
|Frontiersmen began to immigrate into the South Concho Valley in 1870s, locating along the “Toe Nail” trail from Fort McKavett to Fort Concho. By mid-1880s the settlement began to develop and a Union church was organized. The South Concho . . . — — Map (db m115963) HM|
|Settlement of this area began in the 1860s and increased in the 1870s and 1880s following the establishment of Fort Concho in nearby San Angelo. The town of Christoval began to develop by 1885.
The South Concho Baptist congregation was . . . — — Map (db m115962) HM|
|According to local history, Christoval Methodists, Baptists, and Cumberland Presbyterians assembled for worship services in the Cumberland Presbyterian church building before 1910. Circuit riders from the three denominations preached on alternate . . . — — Map (db m115961) HM|
|Along the banks of the South Concho River, Confederate veterans of the War Between the States (1861-1865) gathered in reunion beginning in 1902. They were members of the United Confederate Veterans Colorado—Concho Confederate Reunion . . . — — Map (db m115960) HM|
|The picnic area on US 277 in Tom Green County is an early roadside park developed by the Texas Highway Department -- now Texas Dep't of Transportation. This 1935 park accommodated motorists attending Texas Centennial events in 1936. It was . . . — — Map (db m104049) HM|