Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Dennison, Ohio Historical Markers

 
Dennison High School Marker image, Touch for more information
By Mike Wintermantel, March 15, 2015
Dennison High School Marker
Ohio (Tuscarawas County), Dennison — 17-79 — Dennison High School
Side A On October 23, 1927, ceremony was held for the laying of the cornerstone for the Dennison High School Building. It opened in the fall of 1928 and was called "Angel's Castle" in honor of school superintendent William Hiram Angel. The . . . — Map (db m81550) HM
Ohio (Tuscarawas County), Dennison — 21-79 — Dennison Railway Chapel / The Manse
Side A Dennison Railway Chapel From its founding in 1865, Dennison was a railroad town and became the second largest rail center for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Rail presence was so strong that the industry dictated social and economic . . . — Map (db m81547) HM
Ohio (Tuscarawas County), Dennison — 8-79 — Dennison Yard and Shops / Dennison Depot
Side A Dennison Yard and Shops Panhandle Division, Pennsylvania Railroad The Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and St. Louis Railway began construction of the Dennison Railroad Shops here in 1864. This rail line was chartered as the . . . — Map (db m81546) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement