Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Eureka, Utah Historical Markers

 
“Old” L.D.S. Church Meetinghouse Marker image, Touch for more information
By Bill Kirchner, June 15, 2014
“Old” L.D.S. Church Meetinghouse Marker
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-9 — “Old” L.D.S. Church Meetinghouse Utah Historic Site
This building, designed by architect Richard C. Watkins, served as the Eureka L.D.S. Ward Meetinghouse from its construction in 1902 until 1976. It was dedicated in 1903 by Apostle Reed Smoot. The Gothic Revival Style building has been an important . . . — Map (db m75369) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-4 — B.P.O.E. Block, Elk Lodge #711 Eureka Historic District
Constructed in 1909-1910 by the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Tintic Lodge #711 was designed by architects, Richard C. Watkins and John F. Birch and built by contractor, Martin E. Anderson, a Logan contractor. Cost of the building was . . . — Map (db m75428) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-2 — Eureka City Hall Utah Historic Site
The Eureka City Hall was built in 1899 by the Eureka City government and functioned as the offices for city court, mayor, sheriff, recorder, treasurer, council chamber and city volunteer fire department. John J. Pilgrim, a city official, drew the . . . — Map (db m75426) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-10 — Eureka Post Office Eureka Historic District
The Eureka Post Office was constructed in 1922 by the United States Government for the commercial center of the Tintic Mining District. James A. Wetmore served as “Acting Supervisory Architect.” The structure represents the only example . . . — Map (db m75371) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236 — Eureka United Methodist Church Utah Historic Site
Constructed in 1891 with funds secured from the local Methodists and the Mission Conference of 1890, this building is important in documenting the religious life of Eureka and Tintic. Methodism began in Tintic when Dr. Thomas C. Iliff visited and . . . — Map (db m75370) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-3 — Juab County Courthouse Utah Historic Site
The Juab County Courthouse, built in 1891 for $5,000, served as the City Hall until 1899 when Eureka City Hall was built. This courthouse served as a jail for the county and much of the time for the city. It still functions as a County Courthouse . . . — Map (db m75431) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-6 — McCornick and Company Bank Eureka Historic District
This building was constructed in 1909 to serve as the new home of McCornick and Company bankers and has continued to the present to serve as a bank. McCornick and Company first came to Eureka in 1898, when they moved their bank, fixtures and all, . . . — Map (db m75430) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-7 — Old Eureka Post Office Eureka Historic District
Built circa 1894, this building served as the town post office until 1922, when a new post office building was constructed. In 1926 a merchandising company, known as "Everybody's" occupied the building. It is a good example of the commercial . . . — Map (db m75429) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-1 — St. Patrick's Catholic Church Utah Historic Site
St. Patrick's Catholic Church, built in 1885, remains as one of the oldest Catholic Churches in Utah. Constructed under the direction of Reverend Denis Keily, the building represents both importance of Irish settlement in Tintic, as well as the . . . — Map (db m75432) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — N-236-1 — The Bullion Beck & Champion Mining Company Headframe
This monument has two markers Plaque A: (Side of monument) Bullion Beck and Champion Mining Company Headframe This massive sixty-five foot Montana-type headframe is the only remnant of the Bullion Beck and Champion Mining . . . — Map (db m75433) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — 512 — Tintic Mining District
The discovery of the outcrop of the Sunbeam Lode and the subsequent organization of the Tintic Mining District on December 13, 1869, was the beginning of a mining district which ultimately became world-famous. The name is in honor of the Ute Indian . . . — Map (db m75338) HM
Utah (Juab County), Eureka — Union Pacific Railroad Depot Eureka Train Depot
This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places By the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m75372) HM

12 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement