Responding to the growing religious needs of the community, G. W. Parker sold a piece of land on the north side of today's Mainstreet to build a chapel. Ten months later the foundation was laid for the Ave Maria Catholic Church. The first Mass was . . . — — Map (db m97974) HM
In 1846 the unsettled area that is now Parker, Colorado, consisted of wild open plains, inhabited only by local Indian tribes and passing trappers and traders. The Crosby-Brown Company, otherwise known as the Mississippi Saints, and detachments of . . . — — Map (db m97420) HM
Celebrated as Parker's "most significant early doctor,"
Dr. Walter Heath was born in 1867 and died in 1912.
In addition to serving patients in Parker,
Dr. Heath was known for making "patient house calls" via carriage and then . . . — — Map (db m97576) HM
In September of 1911, Fredrick B. Hood had come to Parker not only as a stock holder in the newly formed Parker State Bank, but to serve as the bank's cashier and manager as well. He purchased land on what was then called Rural Road (now Pikes Peak . . . — — Map (db m97575) HM
In 1910, newlyweds James and Victoria Newcomb bought this property from George Parker for $150. In January of 1911 they built their first home, which is the central portion of the present house. Reputedly, it was built quickly, "up and all closed . . . — — Map (db m97972) HM