On U.S. 19 0.1 miles west of Northeast 223rd Avenue (County Road 351A), on the right when traveling north.
Putnam Lodge, built in 1927-28 by the Putnam Lumber Company, is part of a bygone era in Florida's forestry history. Here, beside the old Dixie Highway, Putnam Lodge, part of the "company town" of Shamrock, accommodated tourists, transients and . . . — — Map (db m77791) HM
On Northeast 106th Street at Northeast 216th Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Northeast 106th Street.
This church, built in 1929, was originally a wood-framed structure and the first church erected in the African-American community of Cross City. The architectural character was retained when it was remodeled and enlarged in 1942. The hand-made . . . — — Map (db m67597) HM WM
On County Road 351 2.4 miles north of 1st St, Horseshoe Beach, on the left when traveling south.
On December 26, 1817, U.S. Secretary of War John C. Calhoun directed General Andrew Jackson to protect citizens trying to settle in Florida. Jackson arrived in Florida with the largest army ever to invade the state to date -- 2,000 Creek Warriors . . . — — Map (db m61566) HM
On State Road 349 0.6 miles north of Pine Crest Drive, on the left when traveling north.
The Fletcher Community was established when Dixie County was part of Lafayette County and both were part of their parent county, Madison. In the early 1850s Fletcher families and other families emigrated south from the Carolinas through Georgia, . . . — — Map (db m67595) HM
On U.S. 19 at State Road 349, on the right when traveling west on U.S. 19.
Inhabited by the Upper Creeks, Oldtown, often called Suwanee Oldtown, was one of the largest Indian villages in northern Florida. In Andrew Jackson's punitive expedition into Florida in April, 1818, Oldtown was captured. Most of the renegade Indians . . . — — Map (db m17712) HM