On West Main Street (Tennessee Route 89/54) at North Poplar Street, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street.
Weakley County was established Oct. 21, 1823, and named for Robert Weakley, then Speaker of the State Senate. In 1825, John Terrell gave 39 acres for the county seat. Martin Lawler, Richard Ridgeway, John R. Shultz, Perry Vincent, and Mears Warner, . . . — — Map (db m83162) HM
On West Main Street (State Highway 89) at North Poplar Street, on the left when traveling east on West Main Street.
In honor of the Confederate Soldiers of Weakley County,
Weakley County Confederate soldiers participated in all the western battles among which are: Belmont, Donaldson, Shiloh, . . . — — Map (db m127898) WM
On Tennessee Route 190 at milepost 34 at West New Hope Church Road, on the right when traveling north on State Route 190.
May 6, 1862: Col. Thomas Claiborne's Sixth Confederate Cavalry attacked and destroyed three companies of the Fifth Iowa Cavalry at Lockridge Mill about 1 mile north on the north Fork of the Obion River. The Fifth Iowa Cavalry was under the Command . . . — — Map (db m127152) HM