San Miguel de Allende in Municipality of Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico — The Central Highlands
Allende's Independence Meetings
pretexto de bailes que se daban en
la sala, D. Ignacio Allende y las personas
comprometidas se reunian para
tratar de los medios adecuados para
lograr la Independencia Nacional.
El H. Ayuntamiento acordo se erigiese esta
inscripción el dia 16 de septiembre de 1898.
The Honorable Municipal Council agreed to erect this inscription on September 16, 1898.
Erected 1898 by Honorable Ayuntamiento de Allende.
Location. 20° 54.888′ N, 100° 44.6′ W. Marker is in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, in Municipality of Allende. Marker is on Calle Relox just north of Calle Principal (San Francisco), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato 37700, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Here Independence was Planned (within shouting distance of this marker); House of Ignacio Aldama (within shouting distance of this marker); First Independent Municipality of Mexico (within shouting distance of this marker); Main Garden (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); House of Francisco Lanzagorta (about 90 meters away); House of the Primogeniture of de la Canal (about 90 meters away); Narciso María Loreto de la Canal (about 90 meters away); Saint Francis de Sales College (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Miguel de Allende.
Regarding Allende's Independence Meetings. The marker refers to the conspiratorial meetings that occurred here prior to the beginning of the struggle for Mexican Independence from Spain in 1810.
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Patriots & Patriotism • Wars, Non-US •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 14, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 81 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 14, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.