Mount Olivet Cemetery and Chapel
Mount Olivet Chapel was established as a mission of St. James and was consecrated on June 29, 1858 by Bishop Leonidas Polk. The gothic style building was erected from the plans of the church architect Richard Upjohn. During the Civil war, the building was used by the Union Army. In 1972, the chapel was given to the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana, and since 1980 has served as the headquarters of the Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana.
Erected by Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana.
Location. 31° 19.06′ N, 92° 26.331′ W. Marker is in Pinevile, Louisiana, in Rapides Parish. Marker is on Main Street (Business U.S. 165) south of Ball Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 335 Main Street, Pineville LA 71360, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mount Olivet Chapel (a few steps from this marker); Pineville #4 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 300 Block Main Street
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 25, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 85 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 25, 2017.