Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
1806 - 1877
Erected 1986 by The Polish Heritage Association of the Southeast.
Location. 33° 28.238′ N, 81° 57.784′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker is on Telfair Street near 6th Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Medical College (here, next to this marker); Medical College Building (a few steps from this marker); The First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named The First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); Richmond County General George Washington (about 500 feet away); Army National Guard (about 500 feet away); The Signer's Monument (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Dr. Paul Fitzsimmons Eve
Also see . . . Old Medical College of Georgia. The Old Medical College is a two story structure built on a square floor plan. Its front has a beautiful portico with a pediment supported by six massive fluted Doric columns. Although the structure was made of brick, it was covered with stucco that gives it a stone-like appearance. (Submitted on January 21, 2013, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 6, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,360 times since then and 60 times this year. Last updated on February 21, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 6, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.