Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1967 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number 27.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 19.647′ N, 83° 2.875′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Blvd. and Jefferson Ave., on the right when traveling east on Washington Blvd.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Detroit MI 48226, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. James A. Bailey (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Veterans' Memorial Building (about 600 feet away); State Savings Bank (about 700 feet away); Comerica Incorporated (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Lernoult (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ford Motor Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ford Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stearns Telephone (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Also see . . . Fort Ponchartrain du Detroit - French Rule - 1701-1760. This link is part of a site entitled "History Detroit, 1701-2001." (Submitted on August 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
1. Fort Pontchartrain plaque
This marker has been relocated to the southwest corner of the Crown Plaza Hotel, at Jefferson Ave. and Washington Blvd. It is no longer in the garage area. It faces toward the Detroit River.
— Submitted January 1, 2015.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • War, French and Indian • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 3,725 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.