Near Crawfordville in Taliaferro County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site of Chivers Plantation and Store
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 131-15.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 36.616′ N, 82° 49.954′ W. Marker is near Crawfordville, Georgia, in Taliaferro County. Marker is at the intersection of Sandy Cross Road NE and Hillman Road NE, on the right when traveling north on Sandy Cross Road NE. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Crawfordville GA 30631, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Birthplace of Alexander Hamilton Stephens (approx. The Church of the Purification Locust Grove Academy (approx. 3.9 miles away); South Liberty Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Kettle Creek Battleground (approx. 4˝ miles away); Grave of Brig. Gen. Aaron W. Grier (approx. 4.9 miles away); Phillips Mills Baptist Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); Robert Grier, Astronomer (approx. 5 miles away); Crawfordville Baptist Church (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crawfordville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Arts, Letters, Music • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 26, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,037 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 27, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.