Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Brig. Gen. A. M. Manigaultís Brigade
Erected by the Old Guard of Atlanta -- 1934 Dedicated by Camp Gordon S.C.V.
Erected 1934 by Old Guard of Atlanta.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of Confederate Veterans/United Confederate Veterans marker series.
Location. 33° 45.383′ N, 84° 21.433′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Waverly Way and Edgewood Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Waverly Way. Touch for map. The monument is down a flight of steps into Springvale Park from the sidewalk at the intersecton. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30307, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Springvale Park (a few steps from this marker); Brownís & Claytonís Divs. (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Baker's Brigade Site: The Pope House (approx. ľ mile away); The 15th Corps Sector (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Railroad Cut (approx. 0.3 miles away); Manigault's Brigade (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Troup Hurt House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 23, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 814 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 23, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.