Fort Gaines in Clay County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fort Gaines Guards
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 030-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 36.311′ N, 85° 2.94′ W. Marker is in Fort Gaines, Georgia, in Clay County. Marker is on Washington Street (Georgia Route 39) 0 miles south of Carroll Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 211 Washington Street, Fort Gaines GA 39851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this Historic Sites (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clay County (about 400 feet away); Clay County Courthouse (about 400 feet away); Gen. Edmund Pendleton Gaines (about 400 feet away); Queen City of the Chattahoochee (about 600 feet away); Old Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Fort Gaines Female College (approx. 0.3 miles away); In the Confederacy (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Gaines.
Categories. • War, Mexican-American • War, Spanish-American • War, US Civil • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 719 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 12, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.