Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Hontoria 140 mm.
The gun was restored by sailors of Processing Division and General Detail, Naval District Washington, during 1982 and 1983.
Erected by Naval District Washington.
Location. 38° 51.438′ N, 77° 0.759′ W. Marker is in Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), District of Columbia, in Washington. Touch for map. "The Gun" is onboard the Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling [JBAB], (formerly, the Naval Support Facility which was originally the Naval Air Station, Anacostia, Naval District Washington). The gun and marker are located off Wick Drive, adjacent to the Personnel Support Activity building. Access may be restricted to those with Department of Defense identification, and permission
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. T-28 Trojan (approx. half a mile away); Engineering a Landmark (approx. half a mile away); Giesboro Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); Women War Workers 1861 - 1865 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lincoln Assassination Trial (approx. 0.7 miles away); Building 20, Grant Hall (approx. 0.7 miles away); Republic F-105D Thunderchief (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Curative Powers of Nature (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB).
Also see . . . The Cruiser Almirante Oquendon - Armada Espanola. (Submitted on November 6, 2008, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. War trophy, U.S. Navy, Spanish Navy, La Armada Espanola.
Categories. • Notable Events • War, Spanish-American • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2008, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,601 times since then and 32 times this year. Last updated on March 24, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 6, 2008, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.