Millers Tavern in Essex County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
King and Queen County / Essex County
King and Queen County
Area 320 Square Miles
Formed in 1691 from New Kent, and named for King William III and Queen Mary. The family of George Rogers Clark long lived in this county.
Area 258 Square Miles
Formed in 1691 from Old Rappahannock County, and named for Essex County, England. R. M. T. Hunter, United States Senator and Confederate Secretary of State, lived in this county.
Erected 1929 by Conservation Development Commission. (Marker Number Z-166.)
Location. 37° 49.753′ N, 76° 57.024′ W. Marker is in Millers Tavern, Virginia, in Essex County. Marker is on US 360, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at county line. Marker is in this post office area: Millers Tavern VA 23115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mattaponi Indian Town (here, next to this marker); Bacon's Northern Force (a few steps from this marker); Mt. Zion Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Mount Pleasant (approx. one mile away); Bruington Church Hillsboro (approx. 5½ miles away); Apple Tree Church (approx. 5.6 miles away); Clark Home (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Millers Tavern.
Also see . . .
1. King and Queen County, Virginia. (Submitted on March 30, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
2. Essex County, Virginia and the town of Tappahannock. (Submitted on March 30, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,311 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 30, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on December 8, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. 3. submitted on April 30, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.