Screven Fork in Liberty County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Post Road
was established in 1736 by
Gen. James Oglethorpe.
First postal route south of
Savannah Stage Coach Road
and line of march
of Revolutionary Soldiers.
Saint John's Parish Chapter
Daughters of the American Colonists
March 3, 1950
Erected 1950 by Saint John's Parish Chapter Daughters of the American Colonists.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists, and the Postal Mail and Philately marker series.
Location. 31° 46.126′ N, 81° 26.944′ W. Marker is in Screven Fork, Georgia, in Liberty County. Marker is on South Coastal Hwy (U.S. 17) near Barrington Ferry Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Riceboro GA 31323, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lambert Plantation (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); General James Screven (approx. 1˝ miles away); First African Baptist Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Riceborough (approx. 1.7 miles away); Sunbury and Fort Morris New Life For Dorchester Academy 1932-1940 (approx. 2.4 miles away); Liberty County Citizen's Council 1946 - 1953 (approx. 2.4 miles away); S.C.L.C. and the Voter Education Program 1962-1970 (approx. 2.4 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Places • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 9, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,007 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 9, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.