McLean in Gray County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Phillips 66 Station
in the State of Texas
on Old Route 66
Build and Leased
To Phillips in 1929
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the U.S. Route 66 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1929.
Location. 35° 13.96′ N, 100° 36.124′ W. Marker is in McLean, Texas, in Gray County. Marker is at the intersection of First Street and Gray Street, on the left when traveling west on First Street. Marker is on the southeast corner. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McLean TX 79057, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. McLean Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Avalon Theater, McLean, Texas (about 600 feet away); Devil's Rope Museum, McLean, Texas (approx. 0.3 miles away); Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 0.4 miles away); World War II Prisoner of War Camp at McLean (approx. 3.6 miles away); Alanreed Cemetery 66 Super Service Station (approx. 7.6 miles away); Eldridge Post Office (approx. 10.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McLean.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 10, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 358 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 10, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.