Ludlow in Las Animas County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Ludlow Tent Colony Site Memorial
The Ludlow Massacre
the men, women and children,
who lost their lives
in freedom's cause
at Ludlow, Colorado
April 20, 1914.
Erected 1918 by United Mine Workers of America.
Topics and series. This historical marker memorial is listed in these topic lists: Disasters • Industry & Commerce • Labor Unions • Landmarks. In addition, it is included in the National Historic Landmarks series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 20, 1914.
Location. 37° 20.353′ N, 104° 35.035′ W. Marker is in Ludlow, Colorado, in Las Animas County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Road 44 and 61.5. Located about 1 mile west of Interstate 25, exit 27. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Trinidad CO 81082, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Ludlow Massacre (here, next to this marker); Celebration & Sorrow (here, next to this marker); Hastings Mine Explosion (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Ludlow Massacre - Cultural Frontier / Hispano Colorado - El Moro CountrySanta Fe Trail (approx. 12 miles away); Christopher Carson (approx. 12 miles away); Welcome to Colorado - Trinidad Country / Trinidad - Army of the West (approx. 12.4 miles away); World War II Veterans Memorial (approx. 12.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ludlow.
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia article on the Ludlow Massacre. (Submitted on December 17, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
2. The ruins of Ludlow Tent Colony. (Submitted on December 17, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 17, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 17, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 519 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 17, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.