Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

San Leandro in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Estudillo Home

 
 
Estudillo Home Marker image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, January 10, 2010
1. Estudillo Home Marker
Inscription.  Site of the last home of José Joaquin Estudillo, grantee of Rancho San Leandro and his wife, Juana Martínez de Estudillo. It was built about 1850. The family founded San Leandro, built a hotel, and donated several lots, including the original site of St. Leander’s Church.
 
Erected 1964 by California State Park Commission and St. Leander's Parish. (Marker Number 279.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Hispanic AmericansSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmark series list.
 
Location. 37° 43.407′ N, 122° 9.606′ W. Marker is in San Leandro, California, in Alameda County. Marker is on West Estudillo Avenue near San Leandro Boulevard, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located at the St. Leander's Catholic Church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Leandro CA 94577, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. San Leandro – Industry (within shouting distance of this marker); San Leandro – Cherry Festivals
Estudillo Home Marker image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, January 10, 2010
2. Estudillo Home Marker
(about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Daniel & Meta Best Home (about 500 feet away); Casa Peralta (about 500 feet away); San Leandro Courthouse Site (about 500 feet away); County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); The Little Brown Church (about 600 feet away); Masonic Temple (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Leandro.
 
Regarding Estudillo Home. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No. 279 on January 8, 1938.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 11, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,282 times since then and 20 times this year. Last updated on December 20, 2016, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 11, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 7, 2020