St. Mary's City in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Entrance to First State House of Maryland
Boxwood dedicated June 13, 1932, and tablet placed through Maj. William Thomas Chapter, D.A.R. by Delia Harris Maddox, Ann Delia Power Yellman, decendants.
Erected 1932 by the Maj. William Thomas Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), and the Maryland, Saint Mary's City series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is June 13, 1787.
Location. 38° 11.244′ N, 76° 26.148′ W. Marker is in St. Mary's City, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker is on Trinity Church Road near Point Lookout Road (Maryland Route 5). It is at the Trinity Episcopal Church cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 47477 Trinity Church Road, Saint Marys City MD 20686, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First State House of Maryland (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Entrance to First State House of Maryland (a few steps from this marker); John Llewellyn (a few steps from this marker); Here Lyeth The Body (a few steps from this marker); Leonard Calvert (within shouting distance of this marker); Laura Maryland Carpenter Blinn (within shouting distance of this marker); The Landing of the Ark and the Dove (within shouting distance of this marker); Trinity Church, St. Mary’s Parish (within shouting distance of this marker); Thomas Allen Senior (within shouting distance of this marker); The St. Mary’s Chapel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Mary's City.
Also see . . . The History of the Maryland State House. (Submitted on May 6, 2007.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 6, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,746 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 6, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 3. submitted on April 22, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland.