New Brunswick in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
“Expediens est seminaria verae
sophiae ericere” XXX MAI MDCCLV
Founded by Royal Charter 10, Nov. 1766
Fixed its third site by the erection of this building
Designed by John McComb
An act of the legislature of New Jersey of 30 Nov. 1825
Changed the name to
This building survivor of the earlier period retains the name of
In honor of the memories of more than a century finding here their home, this tablet has been placed upon this wall by The Class of 1913
[Lower Left Hand Marker]:
Has been designated a
National Historic Landmark
This site possesses national significance
in commemorating the history of the
United States of America
National Park Service
United States Department of the Interior
Erected by The Class of 1913.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these Colonial Era • Education • Landmarks. In addition, it is included in the National Historic Landmarks series list.
Location. 40° 29.917′ N, 74° 26.807′ W. Marker is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. These markers are next to the front door of the Old Queens building which is along an access road to Old Queens Campus of Rutgers University. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Brunswick NJ 08901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Men of Rutgers College (here, next to this marker); Theological Education in Old Queens (here, next to this marker); Van Nest Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Queens (within shouting distance of this marker); Winants Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Rutgers 9/11 Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Class of 1924 Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Queen’s Campus (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Brunswick.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 8, 2008, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,011 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 8, 2008, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.