Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wesley Chapel in Pasco County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Double Branch Baptist Church and Cemetery

 
 
Double Branch Baptist Church and Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Fillmon, February 1, 2014
1. Double Branch Baptist Church and Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  By 1884 Mary Jane Godwin had applied for a Homestead Patent for 160 acres of land along present day S.R. 54. She received a two-acre parcel of this land on January 27, 1890, one acre for the cemetery and one acre for the church-Double Branch Missionary Baptist Church, now First Baptist of Wesley Chapel. The oldest marked grave is of James Strickland who died on January 30, 1908. Other early graves are of the pioneering families Godwin, Smith, Tucker and Wells. The cemetery is owned and maintained by the church. Church members and their immediate family may be buried here upon request.
 
Erected 2003 by The Pasco Board of County Commissioners and The Pasco County Historical Preservation Committee.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & ReligionSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
 
Location. 28° 14.422′ N, 82° 19.508′ W. Marker is in Wesley Chapel, Florida, in Pasco County. Marker is at the intersection of State Road 54 and Penny Royal Road, on
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
the right when traveling east on State Road 54. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 29716 FL-54, Wesley Chapel FL 33543, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wesley Chapel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Florida Honors and Remembers our POW's and MIA's (approx. 3.1 miles away); Holton Cemetery (approx. 3.3 miles away); a different marker also named Florida Honors and Remembers our POW’s and MIA’s (approx. 3˝ miles away); Concord Stagecoach Road (approx. 5.2 miles away); Prospect Community (approx. 6.2 miles away); Ehren Community (approx. 6.9 miles away); St. Anthony School (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wesley Chapel.
 
Also see . . .  First Baptist Church of Wesley Chapel. (Submitted on January 30, 2017.)
 
Double Branch Baptist Church and Cemetery Marker in cemetery image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Fillmon, February 1, 2014
2. Double Branch Baptist Church and Cemetery Marker in cemetery
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 30, 2017. It was originally submitted on January 27, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 446 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 27, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=101055

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 3, 2024