Leesburg in Loudoun County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Gen. George C. Marshall House
Erected 2016 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number F-31.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Patriots & Patriotism • Peace • War, World II. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1941.
Location. 39° 6.81′ N, 77° 33.633′ W. Marker is in Leesburg, Virginia Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 212 E Market St, Leesburg VA 20176, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General George C. Marshall House (within shouting distance of this marker); George Catlett Marshall (within shouting distance of this marker); The Depot (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); McKimmey's Mill (about 800 feet away); Osterburg Mill (about 800 feet away); Stationmaster's House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dairy Barn (approx. 0.2 miles away); Log House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leesburg.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Old Marker At This Location titled "Dodona Manor".
Also see . . . George C. Marshall International Center. (Submitted on March 5, 2017.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 5, 2017, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 463 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 5, 2017, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.