Aberdeen in Monroe County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
St. John's Episcopal Church
Cornerstone laid Oct. 16, 1851.
Dr. Joseph H. Ingraham, rector
Building fund started by
Jane Martin Dalton.
Erected 1978 by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 10, 1848.
Location. 33° 49.531′ N, 88° 32.883′ W. Marker is in Aberdeen, Mississippi, in Monroe County. Marker is on West Commerce Street west of North Columbus Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 402 West Commerce Street, Aberdeen MS 39730, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dr. W. A. Evans (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Aberdeen (about 800 feet away); Judge Eugene O. Sykes (approx. Ό mile away); Aberdeen Mississippi Blues (approx. Ό mile away); DeSoto ExpeditionReuben Davis (approx. half a mile away); Brigadier General John Gregg (approx. 1.1 miles away); Gulf Ordnance Plant (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Aberdeen.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 10, 2017. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 134 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 10, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.