Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Frederick in Frederick County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Weinberg Center

 
 
The Weinberg Center Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., April 30, 2017
1. The Weinberg Center Markers
Inscription.  

This building formerly the Tivoli Theatre, opened Dec. 23, 1926,
was donated in 1977 to the City of Frederick by:

The Weinberg Family
Dan and Alyce
and their children: Dancye and Aldan

to be used as a center for all the Arts for the enlightenment and enjoyment
of all the Citizens of Frederick City and County
———————
Frederick County Landmarks Foundation
Registered [Landmark]


 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, MusicEntertainmentIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical date for this entry is December 23, 1926.
 
Location. 39° 24.847′ N, 77° 24.7′ W. Marker is in Frederick, Maryland, in Frederick County. Marker is on Patrick Street (Maryland Route 144) west of Market Street (Maryland Route 355), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 20 West Patrick Street, Frederick MD 21701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A Good Night's Rest (within shouting distance of this marker); Arts & Entertainment (within shouting distance
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker); John Hanson (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named John Hanson (within shouting distance of this marker); A Crossroads of American History (within shouting distance of this marker); Market & Patrick Streets (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named John Hanson (about 300 feet away); The News (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Frederick.
 
Also see . . .  History of the Weinberg Center. (Submitted on May 7, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
The Weinberg Center and Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., April 30, 2017
2. The Weinberg Center and Markers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 7, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 297 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 7, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=103261

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 24, 2024