Harford in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Congregational Bell
Removed in 1941
and replaced by
Placed here in 1978
Bell donated by
Dr. Ray A. Barnard
Mounting in memory of
Devere B. Decker
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Communications • Man-Made Features. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 41° 46.741′ N, 75° 42.045′ W. Marker is in Harford, Pennsylvania, in Susquehanna County. Marker is on Creek Road (County Route 2063) south of Pennsylvania Route 547, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: First Congregational Church, 5016 Creek Road, Harford PA 18823, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harford, Penna. (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civil War Memorial (about 400 feet away); Galusha Grow (about 400 feet away); Soldiers Orphan School (approx. 1.2 miles away); a different marker also named Galusha GrowVeterans of Foreign Wars Memorial (approx. 4.9 miles away); Cpl. Lee Leroy Canfield (approx. 6.9 miles away); World War Memorial (approx. 6.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harford.
Also see . . . First Congregational Church, Harford PA. Church website entry (Submitted on May 26, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 26, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 114 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on May 26, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.