Harford in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
the memory of nine young men
M. Thatcher J. Carpenter R. Follet
E. Titus C. Richardson H. Tiffany
S. Thatcher D. Carpenter J. Carpenter
from Attleboro, Massachusetts
who settled here in 1790
Erected 1940 by Henry W. Jeffers.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1940.
Location. 41° 46.796′ N, 75° 42.07′ W. Marker is in Harford, Pennsylvania, in Susquehanna County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Pennsylvania Route 547) and School Street, on the left when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Harford Cemetery, Harford PA 18823, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Civil War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Galusha Grow (a few steps from this marker); Original Congregational Bell (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Soldiers Orphan School Galusha Grow (approx. 2.9 miles away); Veterans of Foreign Wars Memorial (approx. 5 miles away); Cpl. Lee Leroy Canfield (approx. 6.9 miles away); World War Memorial (approx. 6.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harford.
Also see . . . An Early History of Harford Township. (Submitted on May 29, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 29, 2017. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 117 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 29, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.