Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
To Sandy Springs and Old Cross Keys
To present a wider corps front to the southeast, Hascall’s division detoured (via Long Island Drive) to Mount Paran Road, where it camped at or near the Burdett farm that night - moving ahead northeast the next day to join Cox on the Cross Keys road.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-9.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 54.995′ N, 84° 23.815′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Mount Vernon Highway and Heards Ferry Road, on the left when traveling west on Mount Vernon Highway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 320 Mount Vernon Highway NW, Atlanta GA 30328, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 23d A.C. to Decatur (approx. Ľ mile away); The History of the City of Sandy Springs, Georgia (approx. 0.8 miles away); Sandy Springs United Methodist Church Historic Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Sandy Springs (approx. 0.9 miles away); Gen. J. D. Cox's Div. To Old Cross Keys (approx. 1.3 miles away); 4th & 23d A.C. Advance (approx. 1.4 miles away); Isom's Ferry (approx. 1˝ miles away); Hascall’s Div. Camped (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sandy Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 20, 2008, by Sharon Steele-Smith of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,112 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on August 20, 2008, by Sharon Steele-Smith of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.