Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Flynn House

1865

 
 
The Flynn House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, June 12, 2017
1. The Flynn House Marker
Inscription.  
This large frame house was built in 1865 by a family named Jones. In 1889, Dr. Flynn bought it and his family continued to live here until 1951.

Dr. John C. Flynn, born in New York in 1850, came to the Warren Village in 1880 and was the only doctor there fro many years. When Warren was incorporated in 1893, Dr. Flynn was elected its first President. Both Dr. Flynn and his wife, Annie Flyn were influential in establishing the Murthum High School in 1926 after several trips to Lansing to obtain the monies.

Annie Flynn, besides assisting her husband as a trained nurse, served the community in many capacities. She was chairman of the township Womens War Board during World War I and treasurer of School District No. 3 for several years. The Flynn Junior High School was dedicated in her name on January 21, 1973. She passed away in 1942 at 93 years of age.
 
Erected 1997 by Warren Village Historic District Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: EducationScience & MedicineSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is January 21, 1973.
 
Location.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
42° 31.575′ N, 83° 2.718′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Chicago Road, 0.2 miles east of Mound Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6048 Chicago Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Warren Village Hall (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Paul United Church of Christ (about 500 feet away); The Hoard House (about 600 feet away); Village/Eckstein Park (about 700 feet away); Red Run Creek (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Wilson-Bosh Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Village of Warren (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church of Warren (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
 
The Flynn House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, June 12, 2017
2. The Flynn House and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 29, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 513 times since then and 118 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=106005

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 17, 2024