Troy in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Courthouses and Jail
History in Downtown Troy
Log Jailers house built beside it
in 1810. A second floor over both
Troy’s second courthouse 1811- 1824.
Troy’s fourth courthouse—
Two-story, Greek Revival, brick building
with columns in front and a belfry.
Erected 1841, used until 1888.
Rear part still intact.
Location. 40° 2.411′ N, 84° 12.298′ W. Marker is in Troy, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is on West Main Street (Ohio Route 41), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 122 W Main St, Troy OH 45373, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sheriff’s House and Jail (a few steps from this marker); LFWB&G Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Miami County War Savings Quota Plaque (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Troy's Public Square & Third Courthouse (about 400 feet away); WACO (about 600 feet away); Troy Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Overfield Tavern Engine Storage Location (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Troy.
Categories. • Architecture • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Courthouses and Jail.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 23, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 101 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 23, 2017, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.