Near Mill Creek in Whitfield County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Twentieth Corps in Dogwood Valley
May 8. Buschbeck’s & Candy’s brigades moved 2 mi. S. on this road to the County Line, where they turned E. to Dug Gap.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 155-7.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 7, 1812.
Location. 34° 44.936′ N, 85° 6.195′ W. Marker is near Mill Creek, Georgia, in Whitfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Lafayette Road (Georgia Route 201) and Gordon Springs Road, on the right when traveling south on Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dalton GA 30719, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "Callaway Place" - 1814. (here, next to this marker); Geary's Division to Dug Gap (approx. 1.9 miles away); Dr. Anderson’s House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Battle of Dug Gap (approx. 3.6 miles away); Babb's Settlement (approx. 3.6 miles away); Nickajack Gap (approx. 4.7 miles away); Chestnut Flat (approx. 4.7 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Dug Gap (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mill Creek.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 27, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,270 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 27, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.