Near Waring in Whitfield County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
North Line Daltonís Defenses
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 155-19.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 34° 50.137′ N, 84° 59.373′ W. Marker is near Waring, Georgia, in Whitfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Haig Mill Road and Poplar Springs Church Road, on the left when traveling south on Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dalton GA 30721, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Crow Valley (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stevenson's Line (about 800 feet away); Schofield's 23d Corps in Crow Valley (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Stevenson's Line (approx. 0.8 miles away); a different marker also named Crow Valley (approx. one mile away); Site: Ault's Mill (approx. 1.3 miles away); Military Operations in Crow Valley (approx. 2.2 miles away); Harris' Gap (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waring.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 1, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,162 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 1, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 22, 2015, by Brandon Fletcher of Chattanooga, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.