Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Maysville in Banks County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Privy

Circa 1948

 
 
Privy Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
1. Privy Marker
Inscription.  
Guernsey ranch owned by
A. Luther and Bertha Pittman H. Freeman
Donated by: Children and Grandchildren
Jefferson 2000

 
Erected by The Tumbling Waters Society of Jackson County, Inc.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Agriculture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1948.
 
Location. 34° 12.85′ N, 83° 32.667′ W. Marker is near Maysville, Georgia, in Banks County. Marker can be reached from Hurricane Shoals Road, 0.2 miles south of Georgia Route 82. The Privy is located in the Heritage Village, part of the Hurricane Shoals Park. The Village consists of old rural buildings from around Jackson County, moved to the site and restored. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 416 Hurricane Shoals Road, Maysville GA 30558, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Hurricane Shoals Covered Bridge (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Governor L.G. Hardman (approx. 5.2 miles away); Builder of the Nation (approx. 6.6
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
miles away); Jackson County (approx. 6.8 miles away); James Jackson (approx. 6.8 miles away); Dr. Crawford W. Long and Anesthesia for Surgery (approx. 6.8 miles away); Jackson County War Memorial (approx. 6.9 miles away); Floyd G. Hoard (approx. 6.9 miles away).
 
Regarding Privy. The Privy was originally located on the Freeman's Dairy Farm, on Galilee Church Road near the town of Jefferson. Jackson County moved the Privy to Heritage Village in 2000.
 
Also see . . .  More on Heritage Village. (Submitted on November 10, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
 
The Privy image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
2. The Privy
A placard on the Privy explaining more of its history. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, October 20, 2012
3. A placard on the Privy explaining more of its history.
The placard states that the Privy dates from the early 1900s.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2017. It was originally submitted on November 10, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 260 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 10, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=109871

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 3, 2024