Waikoloa Village in Hawaii County, Hawaii — Hawaiian Island Archipelago (Pacific Ocean)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Women. A significant historical date for this entry is January 17, 1893.
Location. 19° 54.842′ N, 155° 52.762′ W. Marker is in Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, in Hawaii County. Marker can be reached from Waikoloa Beach Drive near Pohakulana Place, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 69-201 Waikoloa Beach Drive, Waikoloa HI 96738, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Princess Bernice Pauahi (here, next to this marker); Queen Emma (here, next to this marker); Queen Kapi'olani (here, next to this marker); High Chiefess Keōpūolani (a few steps from this marker); Kuhina Nui Ka'ahumanu (a few steps from this marker); Queen KalamaQueen Victoria Kamāmalu (a few steps from this marker); The Waikoloa Petroglyph Field (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waikoloa Village.
More about this marker. The marker is located at the entrance to the Queen's MarketPlace.
Also see . . . Liliuokalani -- Wikipedia. The coup d'état established the Republic of Hawaii, but the ultimate goal was the annexation of the islands to the United States, which was temporarily blocked by President Grover Cleveland. After an unsuccessful uprising to restore the monarchy, the oligarchical government placed the former queen under house arrest at the ʻIolani Palace. On January 29, 1895, Liliuokalani abdicated the Hawaiian throne, officially ending the deposed monarchy. (Submitted on November 22, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2018. It was originally submitted on November 22, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 118 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 22, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.