Brandon in Rankin County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2006 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1831.
Location. 32° 16.41′ N, 89° 59.194′ W. Marker is in Brandon, Mississippi, in Rankin County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Government Street and North Street. Located on the lawn of the Rankin County Building Department. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 East Government Street, Brandon MS 39042, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rankin County War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Rankin County Courthouses Rankin County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Seminary Square (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Brandon Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Drakes United Methodist Church (approx. 7.3 miles away); Centenary College (approx. 7.6 miles away); Pearl Methodist Church (approx. 8.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brandon.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2017. It was originally submitted on December 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 189 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.