Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Clifton in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

“Pink” House

1905

 
 
“Pink” House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 14, 2017
1. “Pink” House Marker
Inscription.  The house was built by the Ambler family who maintained a farm outside of town where they grew various crops. In the 1960's a business located here painted the building pink and it has been known by locals ever since as the “Pink” House.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1905.
 
Location. 38° 46.867′ N, 77° 23.234′ W. Marker is in Clifton, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Virginia Route 645) and Richards Lane, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7137 Main Street, Clifton VA 20124, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clifton Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Devereux Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Sangster’s Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Buckley Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Weaver House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Devereux Station
The “Pink” House image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 14, 2017
2. The “Pink” House
The “Pink” House was painted yellow in the 1990's.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clifton Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away); Quigg House (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clifton.
 
“Pink” House image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 14, 2017
3. “Pink” House
East of the Railroad Tracks.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 2, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 218 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on January 2, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=112194

Paid Advertisement
Oct. 24, 2021