Palm Coast in Flagler County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Highway A1A
In 1926, the Florida Department of Transportation constructed Highway A1A, originally named FLA 140, to serve the increasing numbers of tourists wanting to see Florida’s beautiful east coast. You are now looking at a place of American history — a segment of historic A1A is preserved here. In 1955, the highway was moved from this location to its current one further east at the request of Owen D. Young.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1926.
Location. 29° 38.047′ N, 81° 12.501′ W. Marker is in Palm Coast, Florida, in Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6400 N Oceanshore Blvd, Palm Coast FL 32137, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Citrus Groves (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Studio (approx. 0.2 miles away); Formal Gardens (approx. 0.2 miles away); Greenhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mr. Young’s Office (approx. 0.2 miles away); Caretaker’s Residence (approx. 0.2 miles away); Coquina Columns (approx. ¼ mile away); Young Home (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Palm Coast.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2018. It was originally submitted on January 2, 2018, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 156 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 2, 2018, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.