Delaware & Hudson Passenger Station
A magnificent railroad station once rose from the foundation in front of you. Built in 1895, it was one of 19 stations on the Honesdale Branch of the Delaware & Hudson Co. The last train pulled into the station on January 4th, 1952, at 6:11 PM. The building was destroyed by fire on July 3rd, 1970.
Source: Carbondale Historical Society
[Image caption reads]
An early 1900's postcard of the Delaware and Hudson Station.
Erected by Lackawanna Heritage Valley.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Man-Made Features • Railroads & Streetcars.
Location. 41° 34.32′ N, 75° 30.284′ W. Marker is in Carbondale, Pennsylvania, in Lackawanna County. Marker is on Trinity Place west of River Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Adjacent to the railroad tracks, Carbondale PA 18407, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carbondale (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Patrolman William F. McAndrew (about 500
Also see . . . Delaware and Hudson Railway at Wikipedia. (Submitted on February 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on February 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.