Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Boyd House "The Oaks"
Erected 1975 by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Notable Buildings • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 32° 18.49′ N, 90° 10.564′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is on North Jefferson Street 0.1 miles south of Boyd Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 823 North Jefferson Street, Jackson MS 39202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carter Jewelers (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jitney 14 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Kennington's Mansion (approx. 0.4 miles away); Capitol Rally (approx. 0.4 miles away); Confederate Burial GroundThe "Cotton Bale" Battery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Manship House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mississippi Governors Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 135 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.