Clinton in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1977 by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Notable Buildings • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #18 Ulysses S. Grant, and the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 32° 20.236′ N, 90° 19.455′ W. Marker is in Clinton, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is on East College Street east of Landrum Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 405 East College Street, Clinton MS 39056, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. East Clinton Historic District (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named East Clinton Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); Clinton CemeteryClinton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Natchez Trace Crossing (approx. ¼ mile away); Pleasant Green Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dr. Walter Hillman (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hillman College (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clinton.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on the Cedars house. (Submitted on March 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 22, 2018. It was originally submitted on March 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 120 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.