Pineville in Rapides Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
1100 Block Main Street
1926: R.K. Garrett moved to Pineville and founded Garrett Brothers Paint Company.
1938: Russell's Lumber Yard opened its doors.
1943: Builders Lumber and Supply moved onto the Russell site. Co-owners were Bob Till, Simon Tudor and J.E. Ratcliff. It was later operated by James P. Smith, Sr. Others that have operated on the block are Harold Dekeyzer and Walter Price, Architects, Ava Moody and Walter Fowler, Engineers, and H.E. Rutledge, Dentist. In the early 50's, the Dairy Queen opened where Delia's Restaurant now stands.
Erected by City of Pineville.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 31° 19.589′ N, 92° 25.82′ W. Marker is in Pineville, Louisiana, in Rapides Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Business U.S. 165) and Hill Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1106 Main Street, Pineville LA 71360, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance 1101 Main Street (a few steps from this marker); 1000 Block Main Street (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Intersection of Main and Reagan streets (about 700 feet away); 900 Block of Main Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cavanaugh Hall of Science (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Honor and Memory of Louisiana College Students (approx. 0.2 miles away); Louisiana College (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pineville.
More about this marker. Located at the entrance of the Dollar General Store
Credits. This page was last revised on March 29, 2018. It was originally submitted on March 29, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 90 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 29, 2018.