Bald Head Island in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Cape Fear Lighthouse Foundation 1903–1958
Erected by Village of Bald Head Island.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Man-Made Features. In addition, it is included in the Lighthouses series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1903.
Location. 33° 50.796′ N, 77° 57.957′ W. Marker is in Bald Head Island, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is at the intersection of Federal Road and Capt Charlies Point Road, on the right when traveling south on Federal Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 Federal Raod, Southport NC 28461, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Generator House (a few steps from this marker); Captain Charlie’s Station (a few steps from this marker); Cape Fear and Frying Pan Shoals (approx. ¼ mile away); Union Blockading Ship U.S.S. Peterhoff (approx. ¼ mile away); Confederate Blockade Runner Ella (approx. 2.4 miles away); Fort Holmes, 1863-1865 Battery No. 4 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Guarding the Confederacy Lifeline (approx. 2.6 miles away); Fort Holmes, 1863-1865 Batteries No. 1 and No. 2 (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bald Head Island.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 2, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 1, 2018, by Charles Keller of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 127 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 1, 2018, by Charles Keller of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.