Pineville in Rapides Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
200 Block of Main Street
The 200 block of Main Street was the location of both the second Pineville post office in 1885 housed in David's Store, and the 1927 City Hall, located where Hank's Pawn Shop now stands,
1917: Frank Smith opened Pineville Marble and Granite Works close to the river, but soon moved to the 200 block.
1931: The City Hall was moved and Ewing and Baillio Roof and Sheet Metal opened on the site. 226 Main first held Walker's Pineville Feed and Seed in the 1930's. J.A. Petrus bought the business in the 40's, but relocated it on the block. Central Lumber Company operated on the site for four decades.
1950: Homes gave way to businesses. The Tolbert home became Bob Martin's Four Seasons Flower Shop. Now home to Lee J's Restaurant. Eddie and Ida Bordelon moved their service station to its current location.
Erected by City of Pineville.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles.
Location. 31° 18.965′ N, 92° 26.404′ W. Marker is in Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pineville LA 71360, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Jewish Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); 300 Block Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Pineville #3 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pineville #2 (about 600 feet away); Mount Olivet Chapel (about 700 feet away); Mount Olivet Cemetery and Chapel (about 700 feet away); Rapides Cemetery (about 700 feet away); Pineville #1 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pineville.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 11, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 11, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 11, 2018.