Occupants since 1900 have been Providence Industrial School, St. Philip's Seminary, Refuge for Persecution Victims, and several other endeavors.
Repurchased 1939 by Sisters of Divine Providence and used as military academy for boys. Now used as Training Center for Religious Life.
Erected 1972 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3506.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education • Women.
Location. 29° 21.256′ N, 98° 52.743′ W. Marker is in Castroville, Texas, in Medina County. Marker is at the intersection of London Street and US Hwy 90 (U.S. 90), on the right when traveling west on London Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Castroville TX 78009, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2018. It was originally submitted on March 6, 2018, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 177 times since then and 50 times this year. Last updated on April 19, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 6, 2018, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.