Albany in Albany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Albany Medical College
The Albany Medical College
reopened and occupied the
Lancaster School designed
by Philip Hooker in 1816
Erected by Alumni Association - Class of 1965.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Science & Medicine. A significant historical date for this entry is January 2, 1839.
Location. 42° 38.991′ N, 73° 45.423′ W. Marker is in Albany, New York, in Albany County. Marker is at the intersection of Eagle Street and Lancaster Street, on the right when traveling south on Eagle Street. Marker is located near Empire State Plaza. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Albany NY 12207, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Frederick (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Fort Frederick (about 700 feet away); Historic State Street (about 700 feet away); Site of Main Entrance to Old Capitol (about 700 feet away); Lincoln in Albany (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named Fort FrederickNYS Capitol & Albany City Hall (about 800 feet away); General Philip Henry Sheridan Monument (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albany.
Also see . . . Albany Medical College.
Albany Medical College is a medical school located in Albany, New York, United States. It was founded in 1839 by Alden March and James H. Armsby and is one of the oldest medical schools in the nation. The college is part of the Albany Medical Center, which includes the Albany Medical Center Hospital. (Submitted on April 24, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 23, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 178 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 23, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.