Guadalajara in Municipality of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico — The Pacific Coast (and Central Highlands)
The Justice Building
Palacio de Justicia
Este recinto que se construyó a finales del siglo XIX para albergar el Liceo de Señoritas fue parte del Convento de Santa María de Gracia desde 1588; en 1952 se adecuó para ser la sede del Supremo Tribunal de Justicia, del Registro Público de la Propiedad y del Archivo del Gobierno del Estado.
(Palacio de Justicia)
This precinct, built at the end of the 19th century as the site of the lyceum for ladies (girl’s high school), had been part of the Santa María de Gracia convent since 1588. It was remodeled in 1952 to house the Supreme Court of Justice, the Public Property Registry and the State Government Archives.
Erected by Gobierno del Estado de Jalisco.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Education • Man-Made Features. A significant historical year for this entry is 1588.
Location. 20° 40.648′ N, 103° 20.687′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Avenida Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla 190, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44100, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace (here, next to this marker); House of Pedro Gómez Maraver (within shouting distance of this marker); The Church of San Miguel (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Saint Mary of Grace (within shouting distance of this marker); The Plaza of Saint Augustine (within shouting distance of this marker); The Degollado Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Saint Augustine (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The First City Councils of Guadalajara (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guadalajara.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 99 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 26, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.